Tis the season for lively dinners with friends and family and indulging in our favorite comfort foods…tis the season for Kugel! With Hanukkah upon us, please find 8 ways to serve our yummy kugel for the holiday and the whole holiday season!
- Pair Uncle Irv’s Caramelized Onion and Garlic Kugel as a side with brisket or your favorite holiday roast.
- Bring Aunt Nonie’s Vanilla-Cinnamon to the dessert table…delicious served with coffee and cocoa.
- Be the hit of the holiday party and bring Aunt Dotty’s Lemon Coconut Kugel to the dessert table as well…sweet, creamy and light, it’s the perfect ending to any meal.
- Uncle George’s Sweet Potato Kugel is a hearty option for your Gluten-Free and vegetarian guests.
- Crisp in the oven and cut Uncle Irv’s Caramelized Onion and Garlic Kugel into squares to serve with toothpicks for a yummy appetizer…ideal with red wine.
- Greet your overnight guests with the smell of Aunt Nonie’s Vanilla-Cinnamon Kugel in the morning…a tasty alternative to french toast.
- Replace your traditional sweet potato recipe with Uncle George’s Sweet Potato with a crunchy walnut topping.
- Any flavor kugel makes a wonderful host or holiday gift!
We’re delighted to be featured in this month’s blog by KosherEye: http://www.koshereye.com/vip-chefs-foodies/in-the-spotlight/3222-the-2014-sofi-awards0kosher-finalists.html#.U6ITFctOXIV
Additional Press Release Information for the Sofi Awards -
UNCLE IRV’S CARAMELIZED ONION KUGEL IS A SOFI-AWARD FINALIST!
LOS ANGELES, Calif., – June 18, 2014 – Michele Locker, CEO of The Kugel Company, LLC, announces Uncle Irv’s caramelized onion kugel has been nominated for the coveted Sofi award. The Sofi Awards are the “Oscars” of the $88 billion specialty food industry. “Sofi” stands for Specialty Outstanding Food Innovation and represents the best of the best from members of the Specialty Food Association. Uncle Irv’s caramelized onion kugel is one of 109 Finalists selected by a national panel of specialty food professionals from 2,025 entries across 30 Awards categories from Outstanding Appetizer to Outstanding Vinegar. Winners will be announced by noted chef Dominique Ansel at a red-carpet ceremony June 30, 2014, at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York City.
Food blogger, www.koshereye.com said, “Uncle Irv’s savory, ready to heat kugel, is scrumptious. It goes well with salmon or fish, or as an entrée on its own. One of our favorite meals was when we paired it with steamed broccoli and enjoyed it for lunch.”
Each of the four Kugel flavor features a heartwarming story of one of Locker’s relatives on the box–evoking memories of times when families slowed down to eat together, tell stories, and overall yumminess!
Retail buyers looking to revitalize their Frozen Kosher sets love the packaging and the new options for their customers! All Locker Family Recipes Kugels are available in both retail and food service formats.
Visit www.lockerfamilyrecipes.com for more information.
Locker Family Recipes was thrilled to participate in the breaking ground of LA Kitchen on May 1st. During an unseasonably warm spring evening, 300 guests were welcomed into the warehouse in Los Angeles’ Lincoln Heights neighborhood to experience the space and sample cuisine from local food entrepreneurs. LFR was on hand to support LA Kitchen and spread the kugel love with samples of our delicious Aunt Nonie’s Vanilla Cinnamon Kugel. Each bite of noodily goodness produced a smile and many guests stopped by for seconds…nothing makes us happier!
Of course, we weren’t the only ones tempting guests with gourmet treats! Pasadena’s Dog Haus Dogs served up a tasty all beef hot dog topped with tangy cheese sauce, jalapenos and friend onion strings…umm, yum! Freshology’s cold spring pea soup shots were a lovely emerald green and the perfect antidote to the muggy temperatures. And, our taste buds were happily tricked by Nary Dairy’s raw, probiotic, fermented, vegan cashew cheese…it tastes just like goat cheese and is completely addicting spread on crackers or veggies!
We truly enjoyed taste testing our talented fellow vendors and continue to be inspired by LA Kitchen and their mission:
- Eliminate waste by accessing local produce otherwise tossed for cosmetic reasons
- Provide job training for marginalized men and women coming out of prison or teens in foster care so they can secure employment in the food industry
- Create meals for the elderly, after-school programs, addiction treatment centers, and the homeless
Hello and welcome to the first blog post from Locker Family Recipes. The company was created with love for delicious food that holds the tradition of family. Our Noodle Kugel is derived from the Locker family’s recipe. We make each kugel with the same love felt eating it around Aunt Nonie’s kitchen table. And the eating at Nonie’s did not end with kugel, us Lockers grew up enjoying… Mandel bread, jellyroll cake, Adam’s chocolate chip pound cake, cheesecake, and potato latkes… you could smell the latke frying oil all the way down the street!
We want to make you hungry…informed and invigorated after consuming our blog posts…Michele Locker, founder of Locker Family Recipes and lover of all things yummy holds a passion for cooking, creating, entrepreneurism and charity. As a reader of this blog, you shall come to expect highlights of other specialty food companies who embrace our same passion.
Additionally, we shall pen opinions on recent book reads, healthy recipes discovered at-home-remedies to try…Oh, and we mustn’t forget Michele’s #KugelCats! The Lockers were avid pet owners, mostly dogs. However, Evvie, Michele’s first Tabby and first experience caring for a sick cat, lit a flame inside her that resulted in a life’s work helping cats to find good homes.
We look forward to sharing our next post, inspiration for your Noodle, and even more yumminess with you…stay tuned!